About the MBA program
The vision of the program is to make it a leading MBA program of choice in the region which shapes businesses and societies. The mission of the MBA program at IBA is to contribute to businesses and socioeconomic development nationally, regionally and globally. The program will help students to develop a range of analytical, conceptual and operational skills that address the many challenges in industries. The program attracts talented students through a competitive process and facilitate their transformation into responsible business leaders. Our MBA graduates are trained to think critically and to work with ethical integrity. The MBA faculty using state of the art technology and pedagogies fosters this learning environment through the creation, acquisition, dissemination and application of new knowledge related to business administration.
- Building business acumen and technical skills.
- Developing qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities that lead to effective decision making.
- Developing management and leadership competencies and behaviors, including teamwork, communication, drive for success, hard work, discipline and creativity.
- Developing strategies for global thinking while remaining anchored in local socioeconomic and cultural realities, through the pedagogical use of local and international cases, experiential projects, international exchanges and study tours.
- Nurturing and fostering the spirit of enterprise.
- Developing ethical and socially responsible business leaders.
MBA learning goals
- Speech: Coherent and clear delivery, time management and logical flow of ideas
- Presentation: Effective use of presentation tools and IT equipment
- Written: Logical and clear presentation of ideas
- Demonstrate work ethics, intellectual curiosity, show alertness for anomalies and seek clarity and formulate questions
- Interpret data, to appraise evidence and evaluate arguments
Global mind set
- Ability of students to understand the influence of local business and political environment, culture, practices and economics
- Ability to recognize global values, norms, attitude, practices, trends, legal environment and behavior for business decision processes
- Recognizing host location's values, practices, constraints and cultural norms when making business decisions